Yummy breaded sandwiches my mom made during ramadan. Can be served as an appetizer, but use a small cutter. Use different fillings if you like, next time i plan to try salami, cheese and salsa .. can be fried, baked or broiled, whatever you prefer ..
- Cut out (using a round cookie cutter) a circle out of the bread slices.
- Shred the chicken breast into small pieces.
- Prepare the sandwiches: spread with mayo, layer with chicken, tomato and lettuce.
- Press down the sandwich using your hand, this makes the next step easier.
- Dip into the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Be sure to cover the sides of the sandwich as well.
- Fry in a little oil until golden-brown.
- Can be baked or deep-fried as well.