- Ready In:
8 pinwheels per slice of bread
- Place cream cheese in a bowl and soften to room temperature stirring with a wooden spoon to 'creamy' consistency.
- Add flaked - skin and bone free - red salmon, stir thoroughly.
- Add chopped parsley and continue stirring until a very smooth paste consistency is achieved.
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch wide lengthwise slices, discard outer crusts.
- Remove from crusts from 4 sides of each long slice, maintaining a neat oblong shape.
- Place one slice of bread on cling wrap
- Use rolling pin, start at narrow edge and roll firmly, but slowly and gently along the length of bread slice back and forward until most of the air is removed. About 1/8 inch thick should be achieved with no holes or tears.
- Spread salmon and cream cheese paste to cover the bread slice about 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick, no more.
- Starting at the narrow end, gently but firmly roll up the bread and salmon paste sandwich.
- Now roll the sandwich up in the cling wrap twisting ends of cling wrap to eliminate air, keeping shape neat.
- Repeat with each slice, until all of filling used
- Refridgerate for two to three hours until quite firm.
- Remove from wrap and slice with a very sharp breadknife into 1/4 inch slices wiping blade after each slice to maintain the contrast between the bread and the filling and serve on a platter.
- These end up pinwheel shape and look clever and taste great.
- Other fillings to be mixed with the full fat cream cheese are avocado, minced cooked chicken, crushed pecans, etc. and a mixture of different fillings looks very appetising together on the plate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!