1/3 Photos of Mom's Pepper Steak
This recipe brings back alot of great childhood memories for me. This recipe is beefy in flavor, hearty for your hungry eaters, this meal is a comfort food in the dead of winter or the heat of the summer. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb top round sirloin, boneless, cut into julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 beef, bouilion cubes or 3 tablespoons beef, baste
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup celery, diagonally sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, cut into julian strips
- 1/2 lb egg noodles
- 1Slice beef across the grain into very thin, 1 inch long strips.
- 2Saute beef in butter until tender.
- 3Combine boullion, soy sauce, and cornstarch, blend into the water, add to beef.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly until clear and thickened.
- 5Add celery and green pepper to meat mixture.
- 6Cook 10 minutes.
- 7Prepare noodles according to directions on the box/bag.
- 8Serve beef over noodles.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 757.6
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 185.5 mg
- Sodium 781.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: