Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is my Mom's recipe. I love how simple it is and the glaze makes it great.
- 1⁄2 lb breakfast sausage
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine meatloaf ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Spray a 8 x 12-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Form a 9 x 4-inch loaf in sprayed baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minute
- Meanwhile combine glaze ingredients.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of glaze for serving.
- Drizzle 1/3 of remaining glaze over meatloaf.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Drizzle half of remaining glaze over meatloaf.
- Bake an 15 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining glaze over meatloaf and bake and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle remaining glaze over slices when serving.
I made this tonight and it was delicious! My whole family enjoyed it. I will be making it again, thanks!