4 hrs 20 mins
Mom has made these every year since I was young for christmas morning. These are really delicious and raise up so high. My brother and I still look forward to them, even though we aren't at home anymore. She had asked me to post these so others could enjoy them too.
My Private Note
ten X f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 11/2 stick melted butter for center of rolls and a mixtuer of about 1 cup sugar and some cinnamon for sprinkling in center Melt shortening with sugar and salt in microwave about 3 minutes or until shortening is melted.
- 2While microwave is running, put yeast in the warm water and stir to dissolve.
- 3Slowly add flour to shortening mixture but not too much.
- 4When yeast is dissolved stir completely and add to flour mixture.
- 5Add eggs and flour alternately and mix as much as you can with mixer, then take rest of flour and knead on counter until no longer tacky.
- 6Grease bowl with oil and place dough in bowl and add more oil to coat top.
- 7Place a towel over bowl and let rise until double in bulk.
- 8In small bowl, mix 1 cup or so of sugar and add cinnamon to taste.
- 9After dough rises, roll out on counter to about 1/4" thick.
- 10Melt butter and spread over dough.
- 11Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over entire rolled out dough.
- 12Roll up dough into jelly roll style and take knife and cut into about 1" to 1 1/2" slices.
- 13Put in glass pan that has been sprayed with pam spray.
- 14Cover with towel and let rise until double.
- 15Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or so.
- 16You can frost the cooled rolls with powder sugar frosting.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (839 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2334.2
- Calories from Fat 546
- Total Fat 60.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 2412.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 387.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 51.9 g
- Protein 54.1 g