Recipe by skfritz525
This is a fudge recipe my mom made every Christmas. The fudge always disappeared long before Christmas came. She gave it to all of our neighbors. A close friend of the family told us that it wouldn't be Christmas without my mom's fudge. Little do they know how easy it is! My DH always looks forward to Christmas, because now I make this fudge!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine, add sugar and evaporated milk and stir in a heavy sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat. Stir constantly and boil for 5 minutes on medium heat. Be careful not to burn the bottom of the pan, so keep stirring the whole time.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in chocolate chips until melted, add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into sprayed 13 X 9 dish or pan.
- Cool to room temperature before cutting.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.