Recipe by Newlee
I've no idea where my mom got this recipe. She made it and gave it out in cute containers for Christmas gifts and it was always a huge hit. Easy and delicious, it doubles well but I wouldn't triple or more. It's so easy that you can do multiple double batches in a short time for holiday giving.
- 3⁄4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease saucepan and 8-inch square pan with spray.
- Freeze the 3/4 cup marshmallows till firm.
- Put the baking chocolate squares and the butter in a large bowl.
- Combine the sugar and the evaporated milk with the UNfrozen marshmallows in a heavy saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour hot mixture over butter and chocolate in bowl.
- Blend well till mixture starts to thicken.
- Stir in vanilla, nuts (if using) and frozen marshmallows.
- Pour into greased 8-inch square pan.
- Chill till firm, cut into squares with a warm knife. Store in refrigerator.