Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple, easy and most delicious. A must at any of our family gatherings and loved by the little one's just as much as the older one's love it.
- 1 ham (spiral, bone in, whatever you like to use)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened orange juice or 1 1⁄2 cups 5 alive citrus juice (since it was what I had in the fridge.)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard (I use Keen's brand)
- Place ham in a roaster pan or bake safe cookware.
- Mix brown sugar,honey and dry mustard in a medium size bowl.
- Slowly add orange juice/5 alive juice to bowl while stirring with a whisk ensuring no lumps.
- You are wanting a thicker consistency for the sauce rather then a runny or loose sauce so add juice according to what you are wanting.
- Bake ham according to cooking instructions while basting every 15 minutes.
- NOTE: I often double the recipe to ensure extra sauce.
This recipe was so so good! I made this on Easter weekend and we ate it all weekend long. I put mine in the crock pot on low heat for about 8 hrs. It is fall off the bone good by then. I also added a little pineapple juice. So delicious!