Recipe by dulce_amore
This is a variation of my mom's much loved chocolate chip cookies-- can you guess the secret ingredient?
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. Sift flour, salt and soda together in bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter, shortening, and sugars. Mix in eggs, vanilla & almond extract with an electric mixer. Slowly add flour mix to butter mix and mix well. Mix in oatmeal. Using a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake on a nonstick cookie sheet for 8-10 minute or until light brown. Cool on sheet for about 2 min; remove and finish cooling on wire rack. Eat warm with plenty of milk!
- *Variation: To make gigantic cookies, place about 1/2 cup of dough on the mid-left of a cookie sheet and squish to make about a 4 inches diameter; repeat with mid-right of sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes; remove from pan after 2-5 min to cool on wire rack.