1/2 Photos of Mom's Chicken Lasagna
chez patty's Note:
A different twist on lasagna. From my mom's kitchen. A lot of work to make, but worth the reward at dinner. Can be made ahead one day, cooked the next.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken, boiled,meat broken up
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mushroom soup
- 4 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 9 -12 lasagna noodles, fresh are best
- 1Saute the butter, onion, and green pepper, in a large pan.
- 2Add the mushroom soup, pimento, mushrooms, Tarragon and Basil, blending well.
- 3Have ready: 2 cups ricotta cheese,2 cups shredded cheddar.
- 4and a 3 pound chicken, boiled, meat broken up.
- 5Assembly in 9x13 glass baking dish.
- 6Place layer of lasagna noodles bottom of dish.
- 7then 1/2 of ricotta cheese, cheddar, meat, 1/2 of the filling mixture.
- 8Repeat with Layer of lasagna noodles.
- 91/2 of ricotta cheese, cheddar, meat, 1/2of the filling mixture.
- 10Top with layer of lasagna noodles.
- 11Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 12Bake 350 degree oven, about an hour, till bubbly and top layer browned.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Chicken Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.1
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 153.9 mg
- Sodium 692.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 39.2 g