A different twist on lasagna. From my mom's kitchen. A lot of work to make, but worth the reward at dinner. Can be made ahead one day, cooked the next.
- 3 lbs chicken, boiled,meat broken up
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mushroom soup
- 4 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 9 -12 lasagna noodles, fresh are best
- Saute the butter, onion, and green pepper, in a large pan.
- Add the mushroom soup, pimento, mushrooms, Tarragon and Basil, blending well.
- Have ready: 2 cups ricotta cheese,2 cups shredded cheddar.
- and a 3 pound chicken, boiled, meat broken up.
- Assembly in 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Place layer of lasagna noodles bottom of dish.
- then 1/2 of ricotta cheese, cheddar, meat, 1/2 of the filling mixture.
- Repeat with Layer of lasagna noodles.
- 1/2 of ricotta cheese, cheddar, meat, 1/2of the filling mixture.
- Top with layer of lasagna noodles.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 350 degree oven, about an hour, till bubbly and top layer browned.