1/7 Photos of Mom's Buttermilk Biscuits
We like these for breakfast and for dinner. Good for strawberry shortcake too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2For 9 thicker biscuits, grease a square 8" or 9" pan. For 12 biscuits, grease a 10x13 pan.
- 3Sift dry ingredients. Cut in shortening with pastry cutter or with a fork.
- 4When shortening is incorporated, add buttermilk and mix with a fork, being careful not to overmix.
- 5Sprinkle flour on dough board. Knead dough until smooth, no more than 8-10 times.
- 6For 12 biscuits, roll dough to about 5/8" thick. For 9 biscuits (8x8 pan) roll dough to about 1" thick.
- 7Place in pan and bake for about 15 minutes, or until done. You can brush with melted butter before cooking if you like.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (640 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 313.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g