1/7 Photos of Mom's Buns
Chef Dee's Note:
My Mom has nice buns !! I finally got the recipe, and I'm posting it here for safe keeping. The method seems old fashioned, but it has never failed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir 3/4 cup sugar, oil and salt into boiling water.
- 2When the oil mixture has cooled,stir in the eggs and 1 cup flour.
- 3Stir the warm water, 1 teaspoons sugar and yeast together.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil mixture and yeast mixture.
- 5Add the remaining flour, working it in one cup at a time, until the dough is soft, and no longer sticky.
- 6Knead the dough, place in a large oiled bowl, let rise.
- 7Punch down, let rise.
- 8Shape into buns and place into well oiled pans.
- 9Let rise, bake @ 350 for 20-25 min's until brown.
- 10Brush with butter when baked.
- 11The yield may vary, depending how big you want your buns, lol.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Buns
Serving Size: 1 (2637 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1593.1
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 1228.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 278.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 39.6 g
- Protein 38.3 g