My Mom has nice buns !! I finally got the recipe, and I'm posting it here for safe keeping. The method seems old fashioned, but it has never failed.
- Stir 3/4 cup sugar, oil and salt into boiling water.
- When the oil mixture has cooled,stir in the eggs and 1 cup flour.
- Stir the warm water, 1 teaspoons sugar and yeast together.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil mixture and yeast mixture.
- Add the remaining flour, working it in one cup at a time, until the dough is soft, and no longer sticky.
- Knead the dough, place in a large oiled bowl, let rise.
- Punch down, let rise.
- Shape into buns and place into well oiled pans.
- Let rise, bake @ 350 for 20-25 min's until brown.
- Brush with butter when baked.
- The yield may vary, depending how big you want your buns, lol.