Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is from my mother's recipe collection.
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 3 medium bananas
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soften the cream cheese to room temperature.
- Line pie crust with slices from 2 bananas.
- Whip cream cheese till fluffy.
- Gradually add sweetened condensed milk.
- Continue to stir until well blended.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla extract-blend well.
- Pour into crust.
- Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with banana slices from the third banana.
Shari I only had a very small piece since I don't care for desserts much, I liked it. The pie was gone when I looked again, so you understand I was not the only one!! It was also very easy and quick to put together. I did one little thing different, I added some lemon zest to the last banana that goes on the top.
It was ok but it didn't really taste like banana cream pie. Also, my cream cheese seemed to "curdle" when I added the fresh lemon juice! Yikes!
Thanks so much, Shari2. This recipe was awesome! I loved the hint of lemon with the banana. No leftovers! ; )