Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This may sound like a breakfast dish, but my mom actually makes these for dinner. She'll usually make a soup as an appetizer, and serve these pancakes with sugar, sour cream, jam or even whipped cream, depending on your preference.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2-1 cup milk
- 1 -2 apple, peeled and sliced
- Place flour, egg, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Stir and add milk just until batter holds together. It should be pretty dense.
- Add apples to the batter. My mom uses a lot of apples, so the batter looks like apple slices coated in batter rather than batter with apple slices in it.
- Heat oil (any vegetable or canola oil with minimal flavour) in a frying pan. Turn heat down to med-low and add large drops of batter. Depending on how much milk and how much apple you used, the batter will be more runny.
- Cook about 2 minutes per side, or until brown and set. Turn and brown other side. The batter will start to bubble around the edges when it's ready.