1/1 Photo of Momos - Tibetian Steamed Dumplings
When I was at Uni I shared with a number of other students, one of them a Tibetan guy who for the 5 years was terribly home sick. He would make all the foods he missed including homemade beer (a Tibetan tradition apparently) and then invite friends around. There is a very intricate way to seal the momos or you can go the easy path and just fold in half. The traditional way is to draw up 4 points around the circular dough and seal leaving a hole in the middle. When cooked you pour some sauce in the hole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups roasted barley flour
- 500 g hamburger, lean
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 250 g daikon radishes, finely diced
- 250 g spinach, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped (white -and green part)
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, shredded
- 1Mix flour and the water; knead and form into a ball.
- 2Set aside covered with a wet towel or plastic wrap in a warm place for 30 minute
- 3Bring a large steamer of water to the boil.
- 4Cut dough into 12 - 18 pieces and roll into small flat circles.
- 5Mash together all filling ingredients.
- 6Place a spoonful of filling in the centre of each dough circle.
- 7You can then easily fold in halft and crimp the edges to seal - you end up with a semi circle package. Alternatively you can follow the instructions above.
- 8Place momos in a steamer either lined with lettuce leaves or baking paper and steam on high for 30 minute
- 9Make the dipping sauce by combining all ingredients. The chili oil is optional.
- 10Mix the salsa together just before serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Momos - Tibetian Steamed Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (2319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.3
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 229.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: