Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I received a 10-pound bag of wonderful Vidalia onions this past weekend and here are five of the recipes that came with the sack. Use Jumbo Vidalias in this recipe not the large that it says. Computer does not know what jumbo is.
- 6 -7 large vidalia sweet onions
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 -3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces Ritz crackers (crushed)
- Peel and slice Vidalias into thin rings.
- Saute in margarine until tender.
- Place 1/2 of Vidalias into 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and crushed crackers.
- Repeat layers, ending with crumbs.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.
Very good recipe. I will definately be making this again but will add more cheese, perhaps even double it. I used the 3 0z as specified but there was hardly any cheese flavor.