Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My version of the traditional hummus with a spicy touch
Make and share this Momma's Spicy Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cansorganic garbanzo beans (drained & reserve below)
- 1⁄2 cup reserved bean liquid
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons organic minced garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon organic cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon organic chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons sea salt
- Drain beans & reserve the 1/2 cup liquid.
- Place beans, reserved liquid, olive oil & lemon juice in blender.
- Blend until smooth & creamy.
- Add garlic, spices & salt.
- Blend until mixed thouroughly.
- Place in storage bowl, sprinkle with parsley and paprika.