Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is one of my mom's best recipes! If you like slow cooked roast, and you don't want to wait all day, this recipe is for you!
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put a 3-5 lb roast (I use rump roast) fat side up in a roasting pan.
- Add salt and pepper (to taste) all over roast.
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic and put on top of roast (fat side up).
- Put water in pan. About 3/4'' up the roast.
- Cover tightly with foil and place in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, take roast out and add more water, back to 3/4'' up roast.
- Lower oven to 350 degrees and place back in oven for another hour (still wrapped in foil).
- After another hour, add the gravy packet to the juice, mixing well.
- Then add as many potatoes as you want, cut in 1/4's. (I use russet potatoes) in the juice surrounding the roast and add more salt and pepper to the potatoes.
- Cover again with foil, and place in oven for an additional 25 minutes.
- Take foil off, and cook another 20 minutes or until potatoes are done, ENJOY! ( i also serve with white rice).