Recipe by WhoDat
This is one of my mom's best recipes! If you like slow cooked roast, and you don't want to wait all day, this recipe is for you!
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put a 3-5 lb roast (I use rump roast) fat side up in a roasting pan.
- Add salt and pepper (to taste) all over roast.
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic and put on top of roast (fat side up).
- Put water in pan. About 3/4'' up the roast.
- Cover tightly with foil and place in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, take roast out and add more water, back to 3/4'' up roast.
- Lower oven to 350 degrees and place back in oven for another hour (still wrapped in foil).
- After another hour, add the gravy packet to the juice, mixing well.
- Then add as many potatoes as you want, cut in 1/4's. (I use russet potatoes) in the juice surrounding the roast and add more salt and pepper to the potatoes.
- Cover again with foil, and place in oven for an additional 25 minutes.
- Take foil off, and cook another 20 minutes or until potatoes are done, ENJOY! ( i also serve with white rice).