Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is my grandmother's recipe and is always the most popular dish at our Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings and about the only time we have it. Everyone goes home with their container of "planned overs". This makes a lot...we are a large family and we still have plenty to go home with everyone.
- 40 ounces pineapple tidbits in syrup
- 3 large apples, peeled and chopped
- 20 ounces green grapes, cut in half and drained
- 20 ounces red seedless grapes, cut in half and drained
- 7 bananas, sliced
- 10 1⁄2 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Drain pineapple very well, even overnight in the refrigerator.
- When read to prepare mix the fruit and marshmellows together before whipping the heavy whipping cream.
- Whip the cream till quite stiff,don’t over whip or you’ll have butter.
- Once whipped, add the sugar and cream of tarter.
- Mix all together.
- Note: You can add other fruits if you like, we try to add equal amounts of each fruit.
- Leftovers aka "Planned Overs" keep a day refrigerated.