Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
double dipped and very crunchy
Make and share this Mom Swahlan's Fish/Onion Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup beer or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cracker, finely crushed (town house)
- onion, cut in rings
- fish, cut in finger size pieces
- mix flour, baking powder and beer or milk. May need a bit more beer. Dredge onions in batter and then in crushed crackers. Deep fry at approx 350 degrees till golden. Can keep warm in 170 degree oven.