Recipe by blackswanst
Remember the days when you were sick & mom used to cook you nice nutritious soups? Well, this is one of my mom’s specialities & it has now become my family’s top-of-the-list soup. It is simple, healthy & easy in just few steps but packs a punch! Anchovies are a good source of Calcium & are often used for making fish stock. The Anchovies makes this clear Spinach Soup a mouth-watering mommy's dish.
- 500 g spinach
- 50 g dried anchovies
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 liters water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly smash the peeled garlic to let out the flavour when frying.
- Heat oil & sautéed garlic till fragrant. Drain & throw the garlic into a pot of boiling water.
- Rinse anchovies. Using the oil from garlic, fry the anchovies till you can smell the aroma. Be careful not to burn it. Add into pot, together with the scented oil. Cover & simmer for 30 minutes
- Cut off spinach roots. Separate stalks & leaves, & rinse thoroughly to remove any sand residue. Add stalk to soup & continue to simmer for 20 minutes
- Finally, throw in the leaves & simmer for another 5 minutes Add seasonings & serve piping hot. * Don’t worry about the veg turning brown as it’s important for the stalk to be really soft so it melts in your mouth :).