This was a traditional breakfast, served over hot, buttered biscuits, when I was a child. It's been in our family for generations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large skillet, place flour, cocoa, sugar, and salt.
- 2Using the back of a table spoon, crush all lumps, and stir till smooth.
- 3Add milk, stir till well blended.
- 4Turn on medium heat.
- 5Continue stirring till cocoa is thickened--the consistency of gravy. May add more milk, if necessary.
- 6Add butter and vanilla and stir well.
- 7Split biscuits, slather on the butter, and cover each half with cocoa. Enjoy!
- 8Freeze leftovers in popsicle containers. Homemade fudge sicles!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom Foster's Hot Cocoa Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 120.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 58.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g