Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
My mom always was able to take a simple ingredient and dress it up so it came out "YUMMY" just as this one did. Great for company or a family dinner.
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl combine rhubarb, 1/4 cup sugar and flour.
- Stir in jam and set aside.
- In bowl combine remaining flour, granola, cinnamon and ginger.
- Stir in brown sugar and pecans.
- Blend in butter until crumbly.
- Press 2 cups of granola mixture into bottom of 8" square baking pan.
- Spoon rhubarb mixture over top cover evenly with the rest of mixture.
- Bake 375 45-50 minutes till golden brown.