Prep 4 hrs
Cook 5 mins
This mole Sauce is actually a paste to be prepared for use in many a variety of ways. My good Friends Grandmother gave this recipe to me, she speaks NO English but is a fine cook. She actually lives in Mexico City, Mexico. You can make chicken enchiladas or just bake some chicken and pour it over the top and eat it with your favroite bread or tortillas. It is wonderful sinfully tasting stuff. Be prepared to spend all day at this but know you will have a lot to store in the freezer for later use.
- 1 cup oil (for frying)
- 5⁄8 lb pasilla chile (chile negro when dried)
- 5⁄8 lb dried mulato chile (dried poblano chile)
- 5⁄8 lb ancho chili
- 1 tablespoon chile seeds (optional)
Open chiles and de-vein them and toast them in oil one by one rapidly
- 1 3⁄4 ounces sesame seeds (ajonjoli)
- 1 3⁄4 ounces regular peanuts (cachuate pelado )
- 1 3⁄4 ounces raisins (pasas)
put all sesame seed
- 1 slice bread, toasted
- 1 corn tortilla, toasted till golden and crunchy
- 1 tortilla, toasted over flame till black
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (2 ounce) dark chocolate bars, use a good quality candy bar in the specialty section in the grocer store. hersheys of the regular s
- This recipe will make about six, 1 Cup batches. Each batch will serve about 4 to 6 people.
- Toast the bread and tortilla in oil in a pan. Then the 2nd tortilla over flame of gas stove till black. Sautee the onion and garlic and then blend them with the bread, and tortillas in a blender. If you choose to use the seeds add them now also. You can use more or less depending on how much heat you want. but the sauce is a medium to mild in heat usually.
- Add the toasted nuts, seeds, raisins, and chiles to the blender and blend. Add just a touch of water if needed to blend it all, it will be a thick paste. Add salt to taste and cook in a large pan with the chocolate for 5 minutes. Store in 1 Celsius quantities in freezer till ready to use.
- To use just put mole paste in blender with some chicken broth and blend till a smooth sauce is obtained. Then put it into a pan and cook till nice and warm. You then can take some shredded chicken, dip a prepared corn tortilla into the sauce and then put chicken in and roll up enchilada style. Take extra sauce and pour over top (reserve some to serve at the table for more sauce), dot sour cream and thinly sliced onion over top and bake till hot and bubbly. Serve with your favorite Mexican dishes.