1/3 Photos of Moldy Biscuits
Ok, I'll admit that I'm on a Halloween binge and having a bunch of fun! These aren't realy moldy. For regular biscuits just leave out the coloring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F
- 2Sauté the scallions in 3 tablespoons butter until they are soft. Set the scallions aside and let cool.
- 3Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Cut the 1/2 cup butter into small pieces and cut it into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4In a small bowl mix together the 3/4 cup buttermilk and the green food coloring, until it is a very dark shade of green.
- 5Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, and add the scallions and the green buttermilk.
- 6Mix until a very sticky dough just holds together.
- 7Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 20 times.
- 8Pat out until 1/2 inch thick.
- 9Cut with a 2 inch cutter. Place biscuits on a baking sheet about 3 inches apart.
- 10Mix the melted butter and buttermilk and brush on the biscuits.
- 11Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moldy Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (670 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.6
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 340.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g