4 hrs 10 mins
Creation in Hope's Note:
This is from my Mom's recipe cards. I have not tried this. Cooking time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening with sugar.
- 2Add egg and molasses, beat well.
- 3Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
- 4Add flour mixture.
- 5Beat well.
- 6Wrap in waxed paper and chill.
- 7Roll out 1/8" thick on lightly floured board.
- 8Cut dough with round cookie cutter about 2 inches in diameter.
- 9On bottom part of cookie place 1 teaspoon of mincemeat, with little of the liquid portion.
- 10Slash top of cookie to about 1/2" from sides.
- 11Pull back and place over bottom part and filling.
- 12Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molasses Filled Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1348.4
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 838.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 241.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 115.9 g
- Protein 14.4 g