Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is from my Mom's recipe cards. I have not tried this. Cooking time includes chill time.
Make and share this Molasses Filled Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, soft
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup molasses
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mincemeat
- Cream shortening with sugar.
- Add egg and molasses, beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture.
- Beat well.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill.
- Roll out 1/8" thick on lightly floured board.
- Cut dough with round cookie cutter about 2 inches in diameter.
- On bottom part of cookie place 1 teaspoon of mincemeat, with little of the liquid portion.
- Slash top of cookie to about 1/2" from sides.
- Pull back and place over bottom part and filling.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.