Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
No rolling out, just drop & bake. Makes lots and they freeze very well.
Make and share this Molasses Drop Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 4 1⁄2-5 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda (dissolved in milk)
- Cream shortening, sugar, and eggs together in bowl.
- Add molasses and stir.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, ginger & flour and stir.
- Add milk (with baking soda in it) and mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Cook for 12 - 15 minutes in 350 degree oven.