Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins are the most delicious muffins I've ever eaten, so moist and sweet, but relatively healthy. I got the original recipe off a container of Wheat Bran but have adapted it some.
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dates or 3⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup rice milk (any other milk or milk substitute will work fine)
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs, beaten (egg substitutes work also)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine dry ingredients and fruit in mixing bowl, and wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just moist. spoon into greased miffin tin or paper muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
I baked these muffins yesterday. WOW! My new favorite muffin recipe. So moist and flavorful and healthy. My husband loves them. I also made some mini muffins to snack on.