Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend's recipe. Savory and good! Serve with dirty rice and a fruit salsa.
Make and share this Mojo Pork Tenderloin recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together the orange juice, lime juice, chopped parsley, chopped oregano, thyme leaves, minced garlic, salt and olive oil in a large glass bowl. (This makes approximately 3 cups.).
- Place the pork tenderloins in a zipper bag and add two cups of the marinade. Seal the bag and marinate at least overnight. Place the remaining marinade in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to cook the pork, place a large non-stick skillet in an oven and preheat to 450°F.
- While the pan is preheating, remove the marinating pork tenderloin and the extra marinade. Strain the cup of extra marinade in a small sauce pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer gently to reduce by half.
- Remove the pork tenderloins and place them on a plate. Strain the remaining marinade and discard the strained herbs and garlic, reserving the liquid.
- Place the pork tenderloins in the preheated pan and return the pan to the oven. Cook for about 4 minutes and turn the pork every 3 minutes after that, until all the sides are seared. After the second turn, baste with 1/2 cup of the strained marinade, coating the tenderloins well.
- As the pork cooks and the marinade is reduced, continue to baste with 1/4 to 1/2 cup at a time to create a caramelized glaze on the pork. It should take 20 – 25 minutes to reach an internal temperature of 160°F As the pork is finishing, add the remaining marinade to create a syrupy sauce.
- Remove the pork from the oven and let rest on the counter for about 3 minutes before carving. Serve with the reduced sauce from the pan.