1/1 Photo of Mojito Mixer
ROV Chef's Note:
This is a easy to make mojito syrup mixer. There is no alcohol in this, and this isn't a recipe for the mojito cocktail. You can make this ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for months. The best part is that you don't have to walk around with mint leaves in you teeth. I use key limes for this recipe, I think they have a better flavor than regular limes. If you can't find key limes, then use regular limes but only half the amount.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium high and bring to a boil.
- 2Cut the limes in half and give the mint leaves a crush in your hands and add to the sugar and water mixture.
- 3Turn heat down to medium and let simmer for five minutes to steep the flavor out of the mint and limes.
- 4Pour syrup through a strainer and chill.
- 5Keep the syrup refrigerated.
- 6To use this syrup to make a Mojito, pour about 1 tablespoon (give or take) over ice, add your rum and club soda, mix well and serve in a chilled glass.
- 7Now I'm not giving anything exact here because I have always eyeballed it when I make mojitos. Just don't use too much syrup, you should be able to figure out a good ratio to fit your taste after a few tries.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mojito Mixer
Serving Size: 1 (1626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2493.9
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 658.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
- Sugars 607.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g