Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yahoo Group Files
Make and share this Mojito Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups loosely packed chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice (with pulp)
- 1⁄2 cup white rum
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packagepowdered pectin
- 4 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- In a large, deep saucepan, combine the 2 cups of chopped mint and the
- water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered
- for 15 minutes. Strain over a bowl, squeezing leaves. Reserve liquid and
- discard leaves.
- Measure exactly 2 1/2 cups of liquid (add water if there is not enough
- liquid) and pour into a saucepan. Stir in lime rind (if using), lime
- juice and rum. Stir in pectin until dissolved. Bring to a full rolling
- boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar in a steady stream, stirring constantly. Return to a full
- rolling boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and skim off foam if needed. Stir in the 1 Tbsp
- finely chopped mint. Stir 5 to 8 minutes to prevent mint from floating.
- Ladle into prepared jars leaving a 1/4" headspace. Process jars in a
- boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Adjust time according to your altitude.
- Serving suggestions: Serve this jelly as a condiment with shrimp,
- chicken or pork. Place a dollop of Mojito Jelly on top of cream cheese
- spread on a cracker.
- Variations: Mexican Mojito Jelly: Use tequila in place of the rum.
- Mint Julep Jelly: Use bourbon whiskey or brandy in place of the rum.