Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Again from the Amish cookbook from Mrs R.E.P. ONLY USE KING SYRUP The other is for just me [wink]
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 2 cups king syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- Mix the first ingredients like pie dough and set out 2 cups for top.
- Add the eggs and the 1/2 cup hot water and Kings and mix well
- Dissolve the soda in the hot water and add to the other liquid mixture.
- Divide into your shells.
- Put dry mix on top.
- Bake in a quick oven for 10 minutes then reduce to 375 for 30.
I guess the little critter liked this recipe,I did not.For one thing..no sugar in the crumb mixture?.You need to double check that.Also the measurements just don't match..(ie 4 cups of flour?).I spent alot of time checking the ingredients between other Shoo Fly Pie recipes posted.Cute name but you need to recheck your ingredients.Sorry.
ROFL! I did a search for shephards pie and saw this...the description had me rolling on the floor; the serving size had me ROFLMAOPMP!