Recipe by JenJenMarie
My cousin gave me this recipe a couple of years ago when I was getting married. I am not sure where she got it from. It is sooooo moist and delicious! No need to make an icing or glaze, sugar coating makes it just sweet enough. Yum! My husband loves this cake. He eats a quarter of it at a time!!!
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
Super delicious! I served with a bit of lemon curd but next time I'll try it with the pudding mix as you suggested. Made for one of my adopted PAC babies. Thanks JenJen for sharing this one with us.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces butter recipe cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together with an electric mixer, except eggs.
- Mix in egg, one at a time. After all eggs are added, continue to mix for about another minute.
- Spray bundt pan with pam, then sprinke sugar around pan. Make sure you coat the entire pan with the sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- I have made it as directed and added a package of instant lemon pudding mix to it for lemon poppy seed cake.
- It is good served with fresh fruit salad.