I LOVE baking, but my problem is I make a big recipe & then I get sick of it before it is all eaten. So I bought a small-batch baking book! THe recipes are great & they make just enough for one or two to enjoy. That way you can try lots more recipes! this is one of these great small batch recipes. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temp
- 3/4 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped (about 2 1/2 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon egg white, well beaten
- 2 1/4 teaspoons egg whites, well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly grease a 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of pan with a strip of tin foil to fit down the length & up the short sides with enough extra length to extend over the edges by 1 1/2". Lightly grease foil and set pan aside.
- 3Place butter & chocolate in a medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on medium power until chocolate is soft & butter is melted, about 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is smooth. Add sugar & whisk well.
- 4Then add egg white & vanilla. Whisk until blended.
- 5Add the flour and salt. Whisk well. Fold in pecans.
- 6Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- 7Bake until toothpick inserted in centre comes out with moist crumbs, 28-30 minutes; the top will be dry and starting to shrink from edges of pan. Do not overcook.
- 8Remove from oven and place on wire rack. Let brownie cool completely in the pan. Use edges of foil to lift the brownies out of the pan.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Fudgy Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.3
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 114.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g