Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My cousin just made this for Easter and scribbled it on a scrap piece of paper for me. It is so super moist and super coconut-y! The cook time doesn't include the cake sitting overnight.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour 2 round cake pans or 1 - 9x13 rectangle.
- In a bowl: combine cake mix, eggs, oil, water, & extract then beat for about 2 minutes and pour into pans. Bake for half an hour (until baked through).
- In a clean bowl: mix coconut cream with condensed milk and stir until smooth. When the cake comes out, poke holes in it all over (with a fork or skewers) then pour the milk mixture over the whole cake. Leave to absorb overnight.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue whipping until stiff. Either make it into a layered cake or just ice the top of a 9x13. Sprinkle top with flaked coconut (you can toast it if you want).
Love this cake! I also toasted the coconut for the top, and I stabilized my whipped cream with a big spoonful of marshmallow creme. I had just happened to have a bit of maraschino cherry flavored Malibu left over from another recipe, so I poured a little bit over the top if my chunk (too big to be called a "slice", lol). I highly recommend this if you happen to have some rum-soaked cherry soaking liquid left over as I did -- it's perfect with this cake! This was a lovely sweet ending to dinner last night, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2014
Cadillacgirl, you've done it again! This cake was so delicious, and yet so easy to make! I make one 9x13-inch cake, which worked out wonderfully. I did toast the coconut, which gave it a little crunch, and was a big hit. I definitely will be making this cake again! Made by a Tasty Tester for ZWT9.