1/1 Photo of Moist Chocolate Flax Muffins
Due to my low carb lifestyle, I've been experimenting with many flax muffin recipes. I came up with this chocolate version that uses pumpkin to help keep it moist. They are also yummy for my gluten free friends! I will also add grain sweetened chocolate chips as a treat and to make these even better. (They won't be gluten free anymore with grain-sweetened chips).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 2/3 cup flax seed meal
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar-free vanilla syrup (I used DaVinci French Vanilla)
- 1Oven 350 degrees. Makes 9 muffins.
- 2Mix first 5 ingredients and set aside.
- 3In medium sized microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate block and slowly, gently melt in microwave, stirring every ten seconds. Dont burn the chocolate. Finish the melting by vigorously stirring in the bowl.
- 4Add in the baking powder. If it cools down, heat for a couple seconds in the microwave and then add one egg. Stir until completely blended. (This takes patience and time). Once blended, add the other two eggs and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and combine.
- 5Add wet to dry and mix well. Let batter set for a few minutes while you prepare pans for 9 cupcakes. (I use silicone cupcake liners).
- 6Place batter evenly in liners with an ice cream scoop. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the top is firm to touch. Cool completely and store in ziplock bag in fridge (remember there is no sugar to preserve them).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Chocolate Flax Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 143.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate protein powder
sugar-free vanilla syrup