Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family loves really moist banana bread...and, of course, chocolate! So this bread is the perfect combo of both! This is a slightly modified version of the Banana Bread recipe in the Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook. We can rarely wait until it's cooled completely!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 -5 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- In a large mixer bowl combine 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add mashed banana; butter; and milk. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed till blended, then on high speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and remaining flour; beat till blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x4x2-inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from the pan; cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
My boyfriend raved about this banana bread when I baked it for him. I made a few changes. I used 1/3 cup of white sugar and 1/3 cup of brown sugar. I substituted 1 tblsp of butter and 2 tblsp no sugar added applesauce for the 1/3 cup of butter (just to cut back on the fat a bit). I added just a dash of cinnamon and a 1/2 tsp on vanilla. I used mini chocolate chips. I also decided to add a nice streusel topping (I think that was the boyfriend's favorite part).
Words can't explain how awesome this bread is!!! I did add some crushed walnuts to the top. My family LOVED,LOVED,LOVED it!
made it this morning and everyone in my house loved it - I let it cool though 30 minutes to make sure it wasnt still raw in the middle