Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a moist and tasty zucchini cake as the title indicates! It's a great way to get your children to eat their zucchini! Makes 1 cake or 2 loaves
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini, well drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel, seed and grate zucchini.
- Put grated zucchini in a clean cloth and twist the cloth to get the water out of it.
- It must be well drained.
- Add oil, beaten eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Grease and flour either one 9" Bundt tube pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Pour batter in pan (s) and bake at 325F for one hour or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cool on rack and turn out.