Recipe by evelyn/athens
Our first day in Salzburg and we were famished. This was one of the desserts we ordered at a Gasthaus near our hotel. Delicious. Much like the molten cakes in fashion. This version was picked up at Global Gourmet.
Top Review by Gerry
Wonderful dessert! Much easier then Molten cakes, dessert one that is guest worthy. Made as posted resulting in a lovely dessert that tastes fabulous - makes for great presentation. Thank you evelyn.
- 2 1⁄8 ounces unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 ounce powdered sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 3⁄4 ounces white bread, diced
- 3 1⁄3 fluid ounces milk
- 3⁄4 ounce chocolate
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 ounce granulated sugar
- 1 3⁄4 ounces hazelnuts, grated
- 1 3⁄4 ounces breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 ounce cake flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip together butter and powdered sugar.
- Moisten diced white bread with milk. Add diced bread and chocolate heated gently until liquid to butter mix. Whip egg whites and granulated sugar to an oily consistency, carefully fold the whisked egg whites into the mixture. Stir in flour, bread crumbs and grated hazelnuts.
- Prepare 6 small pudding molds by buttering the insides and dusting them with bread crumbs. Pour mixture into the molds, place molds in water in a double boiler and finish puddings in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for about 45 minutes.
- Unmold puddings onto dessert plates, serve with chocolate sauce and very lightly-sweetened whipped cream.