Recipe by mandabears
This is a great faux vichyssoise, not one person who has had it can tell that it is not a "real" vichyssoise. I had it at a dinner party and had no clue until I got the recipe. Cook time is refrigerator time.
Top Review by Viclynn
I am having a French themed dinner party for Christmas this year, so decided to serve Vichyssoise as the first course. Was surprised to find your recipe, and tried it yesterday to ensure it would make the Christmas Day menu. What a pleasant surprise!!! My husband and I love it. Will make it often and share the recipe with my children. At Christmas, I am not sure I will 'fess up to just how easy and simple the recipe is to prepare!
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth, i use college inn
- 16 ounces sour cream, i use light
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- chopped chives, to garnish