Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a great faux vichyssoise, not one person who has had it can tell that it is not a "real" vichyssoise. I had it at a dinner party and had no clue until I got the recipe. Cook time is refrigerator time.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth, i use college inn
- 16 ounces sour cream, i use light
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- chopped chives, to garnish
- Pour soups, sour cream and onion into blender.
- Pureee until very smooth.
- Chill for several hours.
- Garnish with choppped chives.
I am having a French themed dinner party for Christmas this year, so decided to serve Vichyssoise as the first course. Was surprised to find your recipe, and tried it yesterday to ensure it would make the Christmas Day menu. What a pleasant surprise!!! My husband and I love it. Will make it often and share the recipe with my children. At Christmas, I am not sure I will 'fess up to just how easy and simple the recipe is to prepare!
I'm surprised this has not been reviewed more!! It was an easy and terrific soup. I made it the day before. It was beyond easy to do but the taste was great. My guests were surprised to learn it was from cans!!
This is an excellent recipe for a quick, easy and tasty version of a classic. Add fresh or frozen chives instead of dried and let is sit and really chill well. It's actually better the next day!