Recipe by FLUFFSTER
If you are looking for a low calorie, non-fat, low carb, and low cholesterol solution for sour cream, here it is. This is a very good choice for me, as I am always looking for a healthy way to eat. Plan ahead and make this an hour before serving. This is from the net. You can find the buttermilk powder usually in the baking section,next to the jell-o and pudding.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size heavy saucepan, whisk together the milk and buttermilk powder.
- Sprinkle the gelatin on top and let it stand until the gelatin softens, about 5 minutes.
- Set the pan over low heat and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until the gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the yogurt.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium-size bowl, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Note: Quantity is guesstimated.