Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the 2nd recipe posted but...more ingredients and silvered almonds as topping are optional. What is nice about this recipe, you can cook beans, drain. and cool. Right before serving, make the cooked dressing, heat the cooked beans and toss with the dressing. The brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic powder make the dressing "pop" and perfect with steak & fish or shellfish.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen green beans or 1 pint green beans
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil, add beans.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes. Drain. Cover.
- In saucepan add butter, heat to melt, then add the sauce ingredients, except almonds.
- Stir until brown sugar is mixed and melted.
- Pour over green beans, gently toss.
- Place in serving dish, add almonds if desired.
This w/b bang on had it not been for the placement of soy sauce. Outback uses liquid smoke in their signature side dish. Let's be real tho most of us don't hv a bottle of liquid smoke chillin out w/the ketchup and mustard or spicing it up w/our salt and pepper in the spice cabinet. I've prepared the green beans both ways always doubling it tripling the sauce itself pairing it w/BBQ lemon pepper chicken ths last tm - it makes for a fantastic marinade and kps chicken frm drying out on the grill too. Thank you for posting!