Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a great substitute for mashed potatoes for those on a low carb diet.
Make and share this Mock Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Put cauliflower and water in a microwaveable bowl.
- Steam in the microwave for 4 minutes or until tender.
- In a blender blend cauliflower, cream, butter and salt and pepper until smooth.
- It is a little thinner than mashed potatoes but tastes like it.
- The amount of butter and cream may be adjusted to taste.
This is a good way to sneak a veggie onto your plate (and your child's!)while avoiding the carbs in pots. I boiled the cauliflower with 2 cloves of minced garlic in the water. I also used a hand masher and the consistency was great--a little lumpy. When I heated the leftovers, I put some feta in it to make it more of a meal and it was fantastic. Next time I'll do the feta for sure and maybe some black olives. Good recipie--thanks!
Love this stuff. I subbed a small amount of fat free half and half for the cream. An entire 1/4 cup would have made it much too thin. Thanks, great taste.
These were very good, yet needed a little something extra, so the next time I made them I added 1/2 tsp. of chicken bouillon granules and 1/2 sour cream. MUCH BETTER!