Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so simple, it's a great recipe to toss in the oven when someone drops by for coffee!! (I turn red, everytime someone asks me for the recipe!!). You can use the large or small version of flaky canned biscuits and any flavored jam you like! Our favorite is raspberry!
- 2 (425.24 g) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (flaky ones work well)
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 59.16 ml cinnamon
- 49.29 ml raspberry jam (or any flavor)
- Melt butter (I use microwave 45 seconds).
- Mix sugar and cinnamon (there is always some left I keep in a shaker for toast on another day).
- Take a biscuit, brush melted butter on edge, then dip in cinnamon and sugar(just the edges).
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- When all have been dipped in sugar and butter. Place 1/2 tsp jam in the middle of each one, making a little indention.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for approx 15 minutes.
katie you are right these are so simple! I used only roll of 8 large sized butterflake biscuits, and didnt even make the cinnamon sugar as I always have a cannister of it in the cupboard. Used strawberry jam also. We loved them although no one thought they were in competition with a donut. They were more like a sweet biscuit/sweet roll. Thinking that next time I will try to flatten them out a little more and then drizzle with a glaze to see get a danish type roll. Thanks katie!