Recipe by Blue Eyes Willow
Even though it is cooked on the stovetop this is as tender as if you had simmered it in the crock pot all day. I only make this for one, but it could easily be multiplied for however many people you are cooking for.
- 1⁄3 lb beef eye round
- 1 cup root beer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- mix the root beer, garlic powder and lemon pepper in a small pot.
- add the steak and bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer for one hour to an hour and a half.
- remove steak.
- mix cornstarch with a little bit of water.
- add to the leftover sauce and stir on medium heat until thickened.
- Serve over noodles or rice.