Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mock Creme is almost as good as the filling for Hostess Cupcakes. Also works well in a chocolate jelly roll cake! 24 cupcakes or 1 jelly roll cake
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco or 1⁄2 cup soft shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream margarine and Crisco until fluffy and light.
- Add sugar, flour, then milk and vanilla.
- Whip until sugar is all dissolved and mixture is thick and fluffy.
- Put in pastry or icing tube.
- Insert in cooled chocolate cupcakes.
It does act as a filling. However, it's heavy and thick and like eating a stick of Crisco. Very little flavor to it.
this is an awesome recipe it taste so good even on a cookies and in between cakes
It was good, I was inexperienced in getting the filling into the cupcakes so that was a bit of an issue :-) I was hoping it would be a bit more like donut cream but it was still good. I was worried that it would not come together but eventually it did. Thank you Taylor for a recipe that worked well for my son's birthday party.