Recipe by Carianne
From Crescent Dragonwagon's "Passionate Vegetarian" book. Very interesting way to have guacamole with much less fat by using low-fat peas to stretch the avocado.
Top Review by Krittlin
I really liked this. My dh thought it was good, but said you could really taste the peas. I used 2 avocados and skipped the cilantro (personal preference). This might not compare to regular guacamole, but for a low fat dish it was really good.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 1 -2 ripe Hass avocado (peeled and pitted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -3 lemons, juice of or 1 -3 lime, juice of
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw peas by running hot water over them in a strainer until they are bright green.
- Puree peas in food processor.
- Add 1/4 of one avocado, salt, and juice of one lemon or lime.
- Puree again and transfer to a bowl.
- Coarsely mash the remaining avocado (leave chunky) and stir in tomato and onion.
- Taste and add more salt/lemon to your taste.
- Stir in cilantro.