1/2 Photos of Mocha-Yogurt Loaf
1 hr 35 mins
Aunt Cookie's Note:
Admittedly, the preparation of this loaf is a little bit fussy (not difficult, just a lot of steps). The result is well worth it, though. This is moist and dense...yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated and at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan, and line it with waxed paper.
- 2Sift the flour and dry ingredients into a medium bowl and set aside.
- 3Blend the egg whites in a large bowl until foamy, and blend in the cream of tartar. Gradually add 1/4 cup of sugar, beating until the whites are stiff and glossy. Set aside.
- 4Combine 3/4 cup sugar, butter, yolks, and coffee granules in a large bowl and beat at medium speed until fluffy.
- 5Reduce speed to low. Add the flour, yogurt, and coffee alternately to the egg yolk mixture, beating until blended after each.
- 6Stir in 1/3 of the egg whites. Fold in the remaining egg whites and optional pecans.
- 7Put the batter in the pan, smoothing the top. Bake for about one hour, until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha-Yogurt Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (988 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2815.3
- Calories from Fat 997
- Total Fat 110.8 g
- Saturated Fat 65.2 g
- Cholesterol 688.2 mg
- Sodium 3082.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 411.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 208.9 g
- Protein 48.4 g