Tricia Foley's Note:
I found this recipe in my mother-in-law's old edition of "Joy of Cooking" We made it for Christmas Eve this year. It is so delicious. Everyone loved it. I have kept the ingredients the same, but have updated the directions a little. Personally I did not add the salt, nutmeg or sweet chocolate. I used the Almond extract as opposed to the rum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brew and chill coffee. (I have a 10-cup Mr. Coffee I just used one pot, I didn't measure out 7 Cups).
- 2Whip the whipping cream until stiff.
- 3Pour the chilled coffee in a punch bowl.
- 4Add 1/2 the Ice Cream.
- 5Mix until the Ice Cream is partly melted.
- 6Add the Rum OR Almond extract, and salt.
- 7Fold in the remainder of the ice cream and the whipped cream.
- 8Serve in tall glasses and garnish with whipped cream sprinkled with nutmeg or chocolate.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Punch
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.1
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.2 mg
- Sodium 133.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g