Recipe by fluffernutter
A frozen confection featuring an oatmeal cookie crust, a fudge layer and a coffee cream topping -- like a big ice cream sandwich. Prep time doesn't include freezing time.
Oatmeal Cookie Crust
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 11 tablespoons butter or 11 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 16 tablespoons butter or 16 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Coffee Cream Topping
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 8 ounces whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust, combine oats, margarine, brown sugar and vanilla in a bowl and mix well. Press over the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- For the filling, melt the chocolate and margarine in a microwaveable bowl or in a double boil. Stir in powdered sugar, eggs and vanilla. Spread over crust. Freeze for 1 hour.
- For the topping, combine coffee granules, vanilla and coffee liqueur and mix until coffee is dissolved. Stir into whipped topping. Spread over fudge layer. Freeze until firm. Cut into small squares to serve.